Presidential Spruce-Up for Game of Thrones
A “collector’s edition” of the first season of Game of Thrones on Blu-ray will be released here on November 21 for $70.
It will repackage nearly all of the material on the original release with the first episode of season two, in a box set with the sigils of the four main houses and a premium dragon egg paperweight.
What the HBO press release omits to say is the controversial shot of a decapitated head-on-a-pike that resembles George W Bush, and which left HBO with dragon egg on its face, has been cut from the season one finale … which kind of makes the original season one release the real collector’s edition.
Otherwise, the set will contain:
- Blu-ray Complete Guide to Westeros – an interactive compendium of the noble houses and lands featured in season one, plus 24 exclusive histories of the Seven Kingdoms as told by the characters themselves, done with animated illustrations that provide more information on the background of Game of Thrones.
- In-Episode Guide – in-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories while each episode plays.
- Anatomy of an Episode – an in-episode experience that explores the creative minds and colossal efforts behind episode six, “A Golden Crown.”
- Hidden Dragon Eggs – find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content.
- Making Game of Thrones – an exclusive 30-minute feature including never-before-seen footage from the set and interviews from the cast and crew.
- Character Profiles – profiles of 15 major characters as described by the actors portraying them.
- Creating the Show Open – an inside look at the creation of the Emmy-winning opening title sequence for Game of Thrones.